FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 10, 2012
Ivy Tech Waldron to host Indiana Arts Commission grant award reception, Mellencamp art exhibit
As the Region 8 Regional Arts Partner (RAP) for the Indiana Arts Commission (IAC), Ivy Tech Community College – Bloomington will award the 2012-13 grant recipients during a ceremony on September 17 at Ivy Tech John Waldron Arts Center from 6 to 7 p.m. in the Rose Firebay. Total amount granted by IAC for 2012-13 grant winners is $76,169.
Indiana Arts Commission Region 8 Grant Recipients 2012-13:
- BCT Management, Inc.
- Lotus Education and Arts Foundation
- Cardinal Stage Company
- Bloomington Playwrights Project
- Sculpture Trails Outdoor Museum
- Bloomington Symphony Orchestra, Inc.
- Bloomington Community Band
- Bloomington Chamber Singers
- Morgan County Community Concerts Association
- Windfall Dancers, Inc.
- WonderLab Museum
- Orange County Rehabilitative and Developmental Services, Inc. dba First Chance Center
- Indiana Festival Theatre/Indiana University
- RBBCSC/Edgewood Intermediate School
- Jazz from Bloomington
- Owen County S.O.U.N.D.S., Inc.
- Area 10 Council on Aging of Monroe and Owen Counties, Inc.
- USA International Harp Competition
- Brown County Historical Society, Inc.
- Friends of T.C. Steele
- Friends of McCormick’s Creek State Park Inc
- Owen County Heritage and Culture Center, Inc.
Following the IAC award reception will be an opportunity to attend the opening reception of Marilyn Mellencamp’s painting exhibit in the Ivy Tech Waldron Auditorium. The exhibit, hosted by the Mellencamp Family, with Connie and Steve Ferguson, is to raise awareness about the Marilyn Mellencamp Scholarship for the Arts, and to pay tribute to their late wife and mother’s artistic accomplishments. The Marilyn Mellencamp Memorial Exhibit will be on display Sept. 17-22, Mon.-Fri. 9 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Sat. 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Ivy Tech John Waldron Arts Center Auditorium. Admission is free.
Ivy Tech Community College’s Bloomington campus is the Indiana Arts Commission (IAC) Regional Arts Partner for the IAC’s Region 8. Region 8 includes Brown, Greene, Lawrence, Martin, Monroe, Morgan, Orange, and Owen counties. For IAC region 8 news, visit www.ivytech.edu/bloomington and click on Indiana Arts Commission Regional Arts Partner.
About Ivy Tech Community College
Ivy Tech Community College (www.ivytech.edu) is the state’s largest public postsecondary institution and the nation’s largest singly accredited statewide community college system serving nearly 200,000 students annually. Ivy Tech has campuses throughout Indiana. It serves as the state’s engine of workforce development, offering affordable degree programs and training that are aligned with the needs of its community along with courses and programs that transfer to other colleges and universities in Indiana. It is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association.