Ivy Tech Community College’s Bloomington campus has won four gold medals, six total, for its marketing efforts at the regional National Council of Marketing and Public Relations (NCMPR) professionals conference held November 4 through 6 in Ft. Wayne, Ind. NCMPR received 370 award entries from 39 community colleges in district 3, which includes community colleges in Indiana, Ohio, Illinois, Michigan, Wisconsin, and the Canadian province of Ontario.
The campus earned medals for marketing and public relations projects and initiatives ranging from communications successes to successful recruitment programs.
In the past seven years, the region has earned 52 awards from NCMPR. Of the 52 awards, Ivy Tech Bloomington earned 17 national and 35 regional medals. Statewide, Ivy Tech Community College campuses have earned more than 120 NCMPR medals.
Ivy Tech Bloomington’s 2015 regional conference awards are as follows:
- Gold: Communications Success Story (New Chancellor naming, Jennie Vaughan)
- Gold: Government or Community Relations Project (Expansion Groundbreaking)
- Gold: Successful Recruitment Program (Youth Leadership Academy)
- Gold: Wild Card (Academic Options Art Exhibit Promotion at Ivy Tech Waldron)
- Silver: Fundraising Campaign (Here We Grow Again! Capital Campaign)
- Bronze: Successful Recruitment Program (Radiation Therapy Degree Program)
NCMPR is an affiliate council of the American Association of Community Colleges. It is dedicated to fostering the professional development of college communications staff in public relations, public information, marketing, enrollment management, community relations and development. It is the only organization of its kind that exclusively represents marketing and public relations professionals at community and technical colleges. NCMPR has more than 1,550 members from more than 650 colleges across the United States, Canada and other countries.